Monday, September 27, 2010

At least it's called a salad...

I went to a baby shower yesterday that had the most delicious salad I have ever eaten.  I know what you're thinking....how is a bunch of lettuce and veggies delicious?  Well this isn't your typical salad.  In fact, this salad doesn't have lettuce or veggies.  It's called a Snickers salad.  It has only three ingredients, and yes...one of them is Snickers!

Snickers Salad

4-6 Granny Smith apples, washed & cored, but not peeled
2-4 Snickers candy bars, chilled
1 tub Cool Whip

Cut apples into small cubes.  Cut Snickers bars into small pieces.  Combine in a bowl and fold in Cool Whip.  Chill for at least 1 hour.

Does it honestly get any simpler than this?  I cannot wait to make this at home.  I think it would be a wonderful Halloween party dessert or really an any-occasion-you-can-think-to-celebrate treat.  I did call it a dessert there but the recipe really does call it a salad.  I can fool myself into thinking its good, right?  It has fruit in it at least!  I mean there are worse things out there!  Ok ok, I know I'm supposed to be finding healthy recipes to try and share on here, but this was just something I had to pass along.  Before yesterday I never even knew a Snickers salad existed, but I can assure you it will not be soon forgotten!

Now I really need to make a trip to the orchard soon.  I'm hoping they have some nice tart apples for this.  I don't know when exactly Granny Smith are in season, but I really can't wait to have this salad again.  Hopefully Gray will get lots of Snickers miniatures while Trick-or-Treating this year, although I imagine this would be good with several other candy bar types as well.  Let the experimenting begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment